SPEAK AT THE CONJ!
Clojure/conj 2014 is a single track, three day conference featuring the Clojure programming language held from November 20-22, 2014 in Washington D.C. at the Warner Theater.
Clojure/conj Call for Presentations
- Call for Proposals opens: June 16, 2014
- Call for Proposals ends: August 1, 2014
- Speakers notified by: August 18, 2014
- Conference dates: November 20-22, 2014
Admission and travel
All speakers receive the following benefits:
- Free admission to Clojure/conj
- Up to 4 nights in the conference hotel
- US airfare or $550 travel stipend for international speakers
Sessions are 50 minutes long and take place from November 20-22, 2014. Attendees will also have the opportunity to propose lightning talks and Unsession topics in October, 2014 (exact date TBD).
Talks generally break down into three main categories: Idea Talks, Tool Talks and Experience Talks.
In the past we have picked talks along these lines:
- Clojure in the Real World - Case Studies
- Clojure in Education, Science, Health care, etc.
- ClojureScript, Datomic
- Applications of Clojure libraries
- New ideas in Clojure
Previous conference talks can be found at Youtube channel, ClojureTV
We’d also be more than happy to chat about your idea beforehand via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Google Hangouts sessions are also a great way to discuss topics.
We are making a special effort to contact and solicit a more diverse set of speakers - anything you can do to distribute information about this CFP and encourage submissions from under-represented groups would be greatly appreciated. We welcome your contributions and encourage you to apply!!
We’ll be hosting two different Google Hangouts sessions to discuss topics. We’ll also tweet out links from the @clojure_conj Twitter account when we’re about to get started.
- July 17, 10:00-10:30 AM Eastern
- July 25, 3:00-3:30 PM Eastern
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or you want to bounce around some ideas.